Aug 11, 2008

Missing filthy flies

So the other day I was at my job at Sno's just taking a break outside under the little tin shed. The shed is close to our HUGE dumpster so there were flies EVERYWHERE! I started to think, 'Wow this is sorta cool that I don't mind these aggravating flies.'
It then started to make me miss the filth and nastiness of India, Africa, and anywhere else where the filth is. You see that is now what flies remind me of...they remind me of desperate people and God's love. I believe that is where God's love is the most....in the filth of His people. He is a God of love!
Now when you see a fly please say a prayer for the people that God LOVES so so much! He loves us in our filth! let us never forget that!

3 comments:

tweez said...

I am so glad HE stayed flying around my filth. Also, been thinking about this a lot lately...how much do our images and the characteristics of God change through our experiences. I have more images of His grace, love, mercy, beauty since Africa. Just think, you see Him in a fly!

tweez said...

Tweez was really Jennifer Laird in the previous comment.

JOSHUA 1:9 said...

THAT'S PRETTY NEAT, ANGELA. IT'S OUR PURPOSE TO BE SALT AND LIGHT IN THE WORLD!